Skip to content

Highcharts Javascript API

Highcharts Javascript API

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

95 results found

1. When you create more datetime irregular series, by now only the same datetime values are used to create the stack, resulting in a correct-but-ugly graph.

327 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Auto sized (height) "renderTo" container on bottom aligned legendgroup with fixed chart height + option for legend items with the same (max) width for better readability

298 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 272 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Panning and Zooming like in Google Maps is way nicer to use than the current implementation of rectangle zoom. Would be great to have such feature :)

184 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. data module was a great addition. have been using that pretty much everytime i can covert my data to csv.

but having database module to load data from one table would be just awesome.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Making backends for data bases is complex, as it covers a wide range of different databases and languages. A project like this would have to start with only a few of the most popular backends. We are currently considering a “connectivity” project that will do some of this.

6. It would be good if you could hover a point on the graph and then click on the tooltip that appears so that you could redirect the user to a relevant page (e.g. a news article).

114 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add support for adding simple data tables inside or outside of a chart. This would be similar to a legend, but contains custom data sets. Currently we use the Highcharts Renderer to render a background rectangle based on the matching chart options and draw the table the same way the legend is drawn outside of the table. It would be nice if there was the option for that datatable to exist under the chart/overlayed on the chart or completely separate from the chart.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2019-03-04
    Added a study for integration with Handsontable, a third party grid component: https://jsfiddle.net/gh/get/library/pure/highcharts/highcharts/tree/master/samples/highcharts/studies/summary-table-handsontable/

2017-09-11
    The data table is now a feature of the data-export module. See http://jsfiddle.net/highcharts/VEs7z/3/. Notice how it updates as the chart is updated (for example by showing/hiding series).

Here’s a proof of concept of how you can draw a table programmatically: http://jsfiddle.net/highcharts/VEs7z/

8. Today one big problem is that when we have a Stock chart with around 5 series & data for about 3 years, the tooltip hides important data.
    It'd be great to have an option to show the values aside the legend items instead of the tooltip like http://www.amcharts.com/stock/multiple-datasets/. That way we can make sure that the values are shown & nothing in the chart area is hidden from the viewer.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. See: http://highslide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7904
    and:http://highslide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10642

Add an option so that the precise start point of the grid lines/ axis labels can be specified

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If I've got a sparse dataset (e.g. to save space, duplicate data points are omitted), a line graph still represents the data accurately, however the tooltip only appears over the actual data points.

Would it be possible for the tooltip to interpolate the data at the mouse pointer's position so as to show a value whether there's an actual data point there or not?

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Highcharts doesn't currently appear to have any tree / node linking chart types. A few examples would be:

The above chart types vary in their purpose and how they are constructed. But this request is simply to have some form of tree / node linking chart capabilities in highcharts.

Once it becomes possible to chart a basic tree or hierarchy structure, it may be easier to extend functionality to create further chart types along the same thinking.

Plot.ly currently offers both dendrogram's and tree plots within their python API. But of…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to be able to post preview images of charts to Facebook, so that when a user shares a chart on Facebook, it shows an image instead of just a link.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I can't select the title and the chart categories . In some situations I need to select and copy those strings . Would You Please Add this opportunity ASAP?

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, this feature is prevented in two places, because there were problems with text being selected when trying to zoom in. See https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues/3224.

If you want to enable text selection, there are two lines where the event handling is prevented. If you comment out both these lines, your users can select text:

- https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/blob/v5.0.14/js/parts/Pointer.js#L756
    - https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/blob/v5.0.14/js/parts/Pointer.js#L813

15. Include options to set up custom buttons with call-backs to perform certain functionality.

For example, I would love to be able to have a button next to the current print and export buttons that would be used for help/information about the chart.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gantt chart is really cool but performance limits you to maybe 10-20 rows. We need to support over 1000, with interaction. Animation is not important. Currently the boost module doesn't work with gantt, but if it did it would be truly awesome.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing! The Boost module deals with the data points, in this case it would rendering the rectangles for the tasks.

I don’t think enabling Boost for Gantt would make a very big difference. Rendering 1000 rectangles in SVG should’t be a problem in the first place. I suspect the performance bottleneck is something else, like the grid axis or something.

Can you share a demo of your problematic chart, where we can do some profiling?

17. It'd be useful to have access to some more events, specifically I was thinking about 4 new events which could be captured and managed by dedicated handlers: onStartPrint, onFinishPrint, onStartExport and onFinishExport

The first two are related to the act of printing the chart via the print button, the other two are related to chart exporting.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have four series of data, and each series only has one data point. I would like to render these data with x-dimension zoom ability as good as 4 data points in one series. If this is a duplicate topic, I am really sorry, because I could not find a similar one.

Here is the fiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/yMSCZ/8/

I was trying to approach it by adding dummy x value to each data point from each series: http://jsfiddle.net/yMSCZ/9/ But it did not work out.

I understand in the first fiddle, HC will treat all the four points with the same x index,…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi

I would like to suggest a small improvement concerning exporting. At the moment, user that wants to save a highchart has to click on a download icon and choose an option from a dropdown.
    A small but great improvement would be to do the same, just by right-clicking on a chart.

You just right click on a chart -> save as -> desired format and voila!
    I am not sure if sucha feature is possible to implement, but it would be neat to have this! :)

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be most useful to restore the "target" option in the "credits" configuration so that when the user clicks on the credit text (usually in the lower right angle of the graph), the link can be opened in a new page instead of the current one.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?