Skip to content

Highcharts Javascript API

Highcharts Javascript API

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

95 results found

1. Gantt chart is really cool but performance limits you to maybe 10-20 rows. We need to support over 1000, with interaction. Animation is not important. Currently the boost module doesn't work with gantt, but if it did it would be truly awesome.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing! The Boost module deals with the data points, in this case it would rendering the rectangles for the tasks.

I don’t think enabling Boost for Gantt would make a very big difference. Rendering 1000 rectangles in SVG should’t be a problem in the first place. I suspect the performance bottleneck is something else, like the grid axis or something.

Can you share a demo of your problematic chart, where we can do some profiling?

2. Steps to replicate –
    Click on the following URL -https://www.highcharts.com/gantt/demo/interactive-gantt
    Click on “Edit in JSFiddle”.
    Try dragging “prototype” or any other node.
    Unlike nodes which can be dragged by user at run-time, (dependencies) dependency arrows cannot be dragged by user at run-time.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The boost module would be beneficial for large dataset when using the sankey chart. We are experiencing a severe degradation in performance with large datasets on this chart type

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Styled mode is great but often with dynamically generated charts (i.e. when a user can customise a chart live) it would useful to be able to allow colours to be set on series. In our case we have a common look for all charts but also a colour picker.

Has the option of being able to set series colour in the same way as you would with styled mode turned off been considered? There's an argument that setting the series colour is data not presentation and therefore should be permissible with styled mode is enabled.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes I follow the argument – there are also series where the color is crucial, like heatmaps with a color axis.

In styled mode the idea is that you set the colorIndex instead of a color on the series, so you should be able to set individual series colors by linking the result of the color picker to the colorIndex of the series.

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello, we are your customer and urgently need Pie chart with negative and positive values

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Chart options strongly depend on chart type and other options. For example, ticks on x/y axis. Depending on what type was chosen (linear, logarithmic, datetime or category), ticks are configured differently.

And I really suffer when I read docs and don't clearly understand which properties work with others, and which are useless together.

I suggest you to update docs, or implement chart options validation, or even provide us some external service to check, if given options are valid. In ideal world, if options are not valid, it would say why and maybe suggest something.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I cannot find a way to link a PlotLine (an average line, for example) to a specific series. I would like to be able to toggle the visibility of such a line with the visibility of a series. There's currently no way to do that easily, and I think that this would be a useful feature for a lot of scenarios.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if there were a feature to add axis labels to the existing Sankey chart at each level. Something like this: https://i.stack.imgur.com/cYsNT.png

I notice that this has been previously mentioned in the Sankey Diagram thread (https://jsfiddle.net/7aa18mws/). However, in-built support for this on multiple levels would be great.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Consider the scenario that there is a re-sizable box plot chart. When the chart is reduced to a smaller size, box plots start overlapping because pointWidth can only be given in pixels. And when the chart is enlarged, box plots are seen to be smaller with respect to chart size. The same goes for column charts, etc.

So, there should be a feature where we can provide percentage values for pointWidth.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t really think this is needed, please correct me if I’m wrong. Instead of using pointWidth, you can control the width by using pointPadding, which is relative. The pointPadding option allows you to pack the boxes tightly, with a 50% gap or whatever, and it will respond to different chart widths.

11. Originally described here: https://forum.highcharts.com/highcharts-usage/surface-pyramid-chart-t39503/

What you have is just a Linear Pyramid: http://jsfiddle.net/cristiscu/sbt6bbfh/6/. Top segment's height is 15% of the full pyramid height.

Surface Pyramid: http://jsfiddle.net/cristiscu/sbt6bbfh/7/. The only change was in the pyramidMode value. Top segment's area was made bigger, to show 15% of the whole pyramid surface.

Reference:
    pyramidMode (Syncfusion ejChart): https://help.syncfusion.com/api/js/ejchart#members:commonseriesoptions-pyramidmode
    valueRepresents (amCharts): https://docs.amcharts.com/3/javascriptcharts/AmFunnelChart
    PyramidValueType (Microsoft ASP.NET Chart): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd456634.aspx

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In a chart with data plotted on and datetime x-axia i would like to position tick labels between ticks rather than on ticks. An when i zoom they still appear in the center to the right of it's tick.

for example i have a tick on August 1st and another on September 1st and my date formate is MMM. I would like to see 'Aug' centered between the August 1st tick and the September 1st tick

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would definately be a nice feature. I believe we would need two types of label placement on datetime axes. Interval labels would be placed between ticks. For example a month name. But if the interval spans two months, like August-September, the label would have to be placed on the 1st of August.

13. At the moment there is no support for 3d line charts with multiple series. Something like this
    https://habrastorage.org/getpro/habr/post_images/c82/1f8/8fe/c821f88fe784e852dab621227f2d1c52.png

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Scatter and bubble charts do not seem to support collision avoidance for data labels. Along with collision avoidance, connectors that link the points to the data labels would be very helpful.

Thank you for the great library.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Highcharts doesn't currently appear to have any tree / node linking chart types. A few examples would be:

The above chart types vary in their purpose and how they are constructed. But this request is simply to have some form of tree / node linking chart capabilities in highcharts.

Once it becomes possible to chart a basic tree or hierarchy structure, it may be easier to extend functionality to create further chart types along the same thinking.

Plot.ly currently offers both dendrogram's and tree plots within their python API. But of…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. data module was a great addition. have been using that pretty much everytime i can covert my data to csv.

but having database module to load data from one table would be just awesome.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Making backends for data bases is complex, as it covers a wide range of different databases and languages. A project like this would have to start with only a few of the most popular backends. We are currently considering a “connectivity” project that will do some of this.

17. I can't select the title and the chart categories . In some situations I need to select and copy those strings . Would You Please Add this opportunity ASAP?

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, this feature is prevented in two places, because there were problems with text being selected when trying to zoom in. See https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/issues/3224.

If you want to enable text selection, there are two lines where the event handling is prevented. If you comment out both these lines, your users can select text:

- https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/blob/v5.0.14/js/parts/Pointer.js#L756
    - https://github.com/highcharts/highcharts/blob/v5.0.14/js/parts/Pointer.js#L813

18. With Highchart version 3.0, the chart does not get rendered on mobile orientation change. I am not sure if this is available with Hightchart ?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Highcharts doesn’t do anything internally on orientation change, except it reflows if the window.resize event fires.

You can add your own listeners to orientation change though.

What does the case look like? Is there a problem?

19. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Rangeselector is great, but I have only seen it with dates on the x-axis. Is it also possible to have numerical values instead?

I would expect it to be relatively straight-forward. If not, is there a reason for not supporting it?

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)