Skip to content

Highcharts Cloud

As of March 1, 2020, Highcharts Cloud will be renamed to Everviz (https://everviz.com) and operated under a new subsidiary called Visual Elements, managed, supported and further developed by the same people who brought you Highcharts Cloud.

As part of the transition, we're locking this suggestion forum.

To read more about this, please visit https://www.highcharts.com/blog/everviz/.

Highcharts Cloud

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

19 results found

1. oEmbed is a format for allowing an embedded representation of a URL on third party sites. The simple API allows a website to display embedded content (such as photos or videos) when a user posts a link to that resource, without having to parse the resource directly

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is very convenient that the graphs can access Google Spreadsheets if you need to update the data on a regular basis. In case also the title changes with each update, one still needs to change it in the customized settings. It would be great if title and subtitle could access Google Spreadsheets as well to facilitate the update.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love the online/live editor of Highcharts cloud, it makes easier for us to edit data and then output a chart.

However, when I tried to embed this chart into my webpage, the "share" button of this cloud editor only offered an URL or an iFrame short code of that chart, not the full code.

Though I know the iFrame method can show that chart properly on other webpage, I still want to copy the full code of that chart. In this way, I can make sure the chart can be correctly shown up even my website is an intranet…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. I don;t want ot expose my data to the "world" when embedding my charts. This is really important for corporate customers and could increase the reach of the tool.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. The rows and column enumeration for accessing specific cells in Google Spreadsheet starts at zero for rows and columns. However, Google Spreadsheet rows start with 1 and columns with A. Harmonising these two would prevent the trial and error that is currently required to figure out how to access the right cells.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The shape is a good aid for color blind. But this would be a good feature for Organization accounts in the Cloud.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. While recoloring chart text white for use on colored background I found no option to easily change axis label text color. Axis title, sure, but not the labels. The amazing Kacper Madej suggested adding style code to the Axis Labels Format field (did the trick), but it struck me as odd that it's a an easy to access option for every other component of a chart except the axis labels.

On a side note, Kacper Madej has been a huge help and deserves a promotion. Seriously, what a rad guy.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. There's currently no way to construct a chart purely programmatically. With Plot.ly I can POST chart data and description, and get back a URL that will immediately show my chart. This is essential for using Highcharts in a data science workflow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. I was very surprised that there is no way to filter the charts on our profile page (by title, for example).

We should be able to type in a keyword and only the charts that contain the keyword are displayed. (i.e. "ohio" for all my charts relating to that state. Or "drunk driving" for all my charts relating to drunk driving)

I see others have suggested a folder system, which would be nice as well, but filtering by title would take zero pre-organizational tasks, except for titling your charts logically, which we usually do automatically anyway.

:)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some code changes placed in the Code->Custom Code window apply to all charts. Example: customising the export menu for embedded charts. We have over 350 charts and when asked to make a change, all charts must be opened and modified, it is hugely time consuming. Having a global code area which applies to all charts enables simple change management and consistency across the repository. Highcharts must maintain the ability to override global code on charts with local code changes though.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. I would wish to have HighMaps functionality to the Cloud. I have chosen HighCloud so I didn't have to use the standard HighCharts, so I don't really want to have use the standard version of the HighMaps to implement map functionality.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Quoting someone else:
    "We need a folder system terribly. We just can't have all charts from all projects lumped together. It's impossible to sort by project or report, and we can't even rename them by project, since the name of the file = the name of the chart. This issue is High Charts #1 shortcoming. It's otherwise a solid product!"

That suggestions appears as finished, but i don't see it working.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Instead of dealing with "{value}" in the "Axis labels format", it will be great to offer a menu with a set of default customized labels such as:
    m/d/yyy
    d-mm-yy
    mm-yy

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The objection from marketing is that links to the cloud from our site have no continuity in branding. We'd like to be able to brand the page so users know that we sent them there. Maybe it's a full HTML template (or in some template language) with a placeholder to put the chart. Maybe it's replacing the banner on the page and adding a paragraph of explanation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. A feature to copy/past or to upload pictures on charts, similar to this example:
    https://cloud.highcharts.com/show/ewoqaw

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. As a team owner I would like to able to customise the editor in the following way for my team:

• Add or remove chart setting option (e.g.: chart subtitle)
    • Configuring the values that an option can take, and its defaults (e.g. defining an own colour palette)
    • Configuring whether a theme's chart settings can be overridden or not.
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. At the moment charts are displayed in the order they were last modified. Sometimes this is not useful, and alphabetically sorting would be better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would appreciate that only the owner of the chart has the data table visible and that only he can export the data. This would make it harder for people to use my data without me intending it. Is it also possible to stop duplicating my chart?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →