I suggest you ...

Add Print and Export events handler

It'd be useful to have access to some more events, specifically I was thinking about 4 new events which could be captured and managed by dedicated handlers: onStartPrint, onFinishPrint, onStartExport and onFinishExport

The first two are related to the act of printing the chart via the print button, the other two are related to chart exporting.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminTorstein Hønsi (CPO, Founder, Highcharts JS) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I pointed to my local files. Fiddle is updated now.

> People must not deal with custom solutions for a very simple thing like width-100%.

I couldn't agree more. But the problem is I can't reproduce it, therefore I can't fix it. That's why I am asking you to show me with an example what happens.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems the sample you sent is about local export, I tried before but not success. People must not deal with custom solutions for a very simple thing like width-100%. I don't understand what are we discussing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is absolutely needed since there is some bugs after print dialog. For example, set width as 100% and click print, then you will se chart width is scaled to minimum after cancel / print. If there is an event like onFinishPrint or onCancelPrint, you can call setSize function to fix it. Now the peoples are dealing with problem by using dinosaur functions like setInterval etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base