I suggest you ...

Add Custom Buttons

Include options to set up custom buttons with call-backs to perform certain functionality.

For example, I would love to be able to have a button next to the current print and export buttons that would be used for help/information about the chart.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adam Pollock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I want to add small image before some of my custom menuItems. Is there a way how to do it? I tried adding property symbol but it does not work. If there is no way how to do it now, please can you add this feature?

menuItems: [{
    text: something,
    onclick: somefunction,
    symbol: 'some url'

}]

Thank you very much

• charlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick related idea. Highcharts should align buttons in a responsive way. When you add, for example, buttons like maximize, export, options, etc. and you have a long title, buttons are not clickable as they are behind Title.

A possible workaround is to enable HTML option in Title, set width to 50% and align to left, But is not a desirable solution, only a workaround.

A "toolbox" section could be interesting, allowing to align buttons vertical and horizontally, left and rigth sided, but always, wrapped around and floated from other elements. Maybe just before the title at the top of the canvas, the bottom after legend if exists...

Thank you very much.

• dcw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, super-fast bugfix - thanks!

There is just one thing left:
    Click on exportButton -> its menuItems get displayed.
    But if you now try to click the customButton, there is no mouseover/highlight effect and you cannot really click the button. You have to move your mouse inside the graph - in order to menuItems do disappear - and then you are able to click on customButton.

http://jsfiddle.net/2whYA/1/

• dcw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does work for onclick-Actions - but not for menuItems.

If you expand the menu of "customButton" and then expand the menu from "exportButton", it will show the menuItems of "customButton".

http://jsfiddle.net/2whYA/

• Derick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone found a way to do this yet? I need a custom button for zooming.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option for displaying a help button would be nice. I think covering general functions like clicking series labels in the legend to show/hide would help people.

Feedback and Knowledge Base