1. Create sparklines like in Google analytics

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like the tooltip to have a 'initial delay' - such that it acts more like a typical tooltip. I.e. the tooltip only shows after the mouse is stationary for a specified time, and then tracks data points instantly once shown.

Additionally, I would like the tooltip to be able to be replaced by a callback which provided the point values, such that they could be displayed elsewhere. So, for example, I might want to display the values of the currently tracked points in a div to the right of the graph, while still retaining the crosshair functionality.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A plugin where one can upload a CSV file and in turn it creates a graph of its own, like a page.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have an extremely large dataset (once-a-second measurements extending over several years) that I'd like to be able to zoom in (and out) interactively with the Highstock navigator as well as direct selection with the mouse.

I think I have finally managed to piece together a somewhat stable solution by using the rather under-documented setExtremes event. However, some slight instabilities remain, mainly due to the fact that the setData method appears to itself trigger the setExtremes event sometimes. In addition, my dataset is discontiguous (has many gaps) and Highchart seems to like to shrink the limits of the selected data…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When a chart have several axis it is not easy to see which axis has to be used with a serie.

A solution migth be to higlight (like columns) axis when the mouse passed over a serie

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Currently, on a chart with multiple series having distinct x values, step lines can look awkward when one series ends before another.

My immediate desire is simply to have an option to extend step lines to the right-hand edge of the chart. It should work when addPoint() is used on another series and the chart is redrawn. That is, all series drawn with the "step" option should be drawn as-if they have an additional point like [chartmaxx, serieslasty].

I don't need full extrapolation capabilities, that is, I'm not asking for any logic to decide how to…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We're trying to add some superscripted text to chart subtitles, but the <sup> tag is not supported. Can you add support for some more html tag support for tags like <sup> and <sub>

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. See here: http://forum.highcharts.com/post115029.html

This would add a chart width/height setting of "auto". For bar charts, the auto height uses the point width and padding options to determine the "correct" height of the plot box, instead of using the size of the container. For column charts, the chart would grow/shrink horizontally to fit all columns.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is there any way to add the ability to zoom in/out in Network graph?

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The dynamic SVG plots could be replaced by a static image of the plots, similar to how the exported PNG looks. The choice between dynamic and static could be made at runtime based on the size of the dataset.

I'm generating scatter plots based on data from a database. The plots looks great, however the performance gets to be a probably when the plot has more than 1000 points.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please support "dblclick" event for chart, series, and point.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, handles exist for expanding or contracting the date range. I would like the ability to remove the handles so the user can only scroll left and right without being able to zoom.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The current logic for the "normal" stacking is that the series are stacked from the top to the bottom. There should be an easy way to reverse the order, our users are used to build the stack from the bottom to the top and not vice versa. I suggest adding something like plotOptions { stackingOrder: 'reversed' }// default 'normal'

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Namely, I have an issue with the misleading maxHeight property. If you are digging deep enough in the docs to customize the legend to use maxHeight, this property's value should be taken as gospel.
    Either that or allow for the navigation (pagination) of the legend to be disabled without having to have useHTML enabled.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The idea would be to have Highcharts inherit classes from the framework which enable responsive behavior based on device specs, similar to the 'col-" classes in the latest version of Bootstrap. I would think that responsivness should extend to the various attributes of the graph like scales, etc.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A chord diagram or an extended diagram is basically used to show data flow between multiple entities. We can have a circular chord diagram or an extended one.
    Currently we are achieving it through d3.js, but that requires lot of complex coding

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show only a given number of levels at the same time.

Keep in mind the possibility of more granular control depending on which level the user is on.

E.g display levels 1-3 by default, and show levels 4 and 5 only when the user drills into level 3.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Gantt chart is really cool but performance limits you to maybe 10-20 rows. We need to support over 1000, with interaction. Animation is not important. Currently the boost module doesn't work with gantt, but if it did it would be truly awesome.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing! The Boost module deals with the data points, in this case it would rendering the rectangles for the tasks.

I don’t think enabling Boost for Gantt would make a very big difference. Rendering 1000 rectangles in SVG should’t be a problem in the first place. I suspect the performance bottleneck is something else, like the grid axis or something.

Can you share a demo of your problematic chart, where we can do some profiling?

1 2 5 7 9 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?