I suggest you ...

Venn Diagram

A Venn Diagram chart would be excellent. Nice and simple like the Google Charts API Venn, but with the usual HighCharts polish , tooltips, legends etc.

3 way would be great to start, 4 way even cooler ;-)

234 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TeaTea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happy to hear that this feature is in planning! Hopefully it will support five dimensions (elliptical shape) or even six (triangles) if possible :)
        However, most important is possibility to rename the different data sets with descriptive names, like "Diabetes" and "Cancer" instead of just "A" and "B" or "list 1" and "list 2". Without legends, it's very difficult to intepret the figures in the Venn diagram.
        I haven't used the Google charts API Venn so not sure if it's a standard feature, but it's useful to be able to see and copy the values of each section, not only tool tip.

• Mark ZhukovskyMark Zhukovsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for a great way to show prevalence data based on a checkbox list control so Venn diagram support of 2, 3, 4, and even 5 dimensions (@kzoon awesome looking chart) with full Highcharts style would be incredible. Option to do static or dynamic sizing of intersections and with data labels inside if area large enough or whisker (like in Pie) with the number outside if not, etc. is the hard part - this guy got close with placement and 3 dimensions but no support for legends, datalabels, etc: https://github.com/AudienseCo/highcharts-venn

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, was looking for a library, had used HighCharts before and it was the first choice but then we found out it does not support Venn diagrams, so we moved on. 3 way overlap required.

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A two circle overlap with proper relative proportions would be extremely useful. The manual fiddling hacks do not resize properly, and resizing is critical.

• TateTate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we are still using google charts because of this feature.

• IM46IM46 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is desperately needed. The only thing preventing us from switching completely over to HighCharts is the lack of Venn support. Even a simple two circle overlap chart would be enough to justify the decision.

Feedback and Knowledge Base