Gantt charts generally require more that on column of information as shown by this fusion chart at:
Status: Approaching alpha-testable.
A demo of the current progress using the gantt-module can be viewed and played with here: http://jsfiddle.net/larsac07/ebprm9au/
We are currently working on Gantt charts, including the following features:
- Tasks (Activities) with task name, start- and end-dates
- Multiple tasks on a single y-value (X-range study: http://jsfiddle.net/gh/get/jquery/1.7.2/highslide-software/highcharts.com/tree/master/samples/highcharts/studies/xrange-series/)
- Subtasks: Treegrid for grouping tasks (unlimited levels)
- Indicator for current date
- Indicator for progress per task
- Detailed datetime axis: Classic Gantt date axis, e.g. weeks and single-letter days / months and weeks etc.
Release dates are not set, but features and modules have been defined, development is way underway, and we’re approaching an alpha-testable codebase.
We’re developing in modules, and gathering the modules into a Gantt-module. Current modules which are in development include:
- GridAxis: For making axes into a grid, and detailed datetime axis in a classic grid-like structure
- XRange: Based on the study posted above, but including partially filled points, for indication of progress per task
- CurrentDateIndicator: Simple additional axis setting which creates a plotLine with default options, including setting the value to current time
- TreeGrid: Enables viewing an axis as a tree grid with collapsing and expanding levels
- Pathfinder: Enables drawing horizontal and vertical lines between points without colliding with certain objects on the way
- Gantt: Simply gathers above modules, will add a more gantt-friendly API and set default options
Most modules are ready for alpha-testing, but there is still some work left on TreeGrid and Pathfinder before we’re ready to test
Want to participate in alpha/beta-testing? Send a mail to email@example.com and ask for “Gantt A/B-testing”. We’ll update you and send you information on how you can participate when we’re ready.
Does the Gantt chart support scroll funcation?
Is the option to zoom in/out on the x-axis part of the roadmap? That option would be very helpful to us.
Colour coding based on the 'indicator for current date' (e.g. if your today line is after the end date you're behind schedule and therefore the line shows as red) would be very useful.
Nice to hear about your interest. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Gantt" included in the subject.
Anders Holte commented
We are currently licensing all Highsoft products, but using Gantt from DHTMLX Gantt. We need to find a better solution, and are waiting impatient for this new module.
Is it possible to become part of a beta testing group or for this one?
hola estoy intentando hacer diagrama de gantt, recuperar los datos desde mysql sera posible????
how to create custom Marimekko charts and categories show y-axis and x-axis
كہرأر أجہبہأره commented
Has anyone tried this behavior ?
I'm trying to add all the projects in Development, Testing and Prototyping. However, the Project 2 space is being occupied in Development, though it doesn't have any values there.
I tried explaining most of the details in jsFiddle, please verify and let me know if you have any questions. http://jsfiddle.net/srigopal_sai/9798nnhb/
Hi Sai, if you can show us this live in jsFiddle we may be able to help you.
I'm Using zoom type selection (date range region - x axis) for drill down the bubble series and it is working fine so far to drill down multiple event types (y axis) with multiple bubbles to drill down multiple levels.
But recently I added Gantt series (xrange plugin) to the chart and even gantt is supporting drilldown for the zoomtype selection when only gantt series exists.
I'm using chart.addSeriesAsDrilldown(drillDownPoint, series, false); for Bubble and Gantt Series.
Now the issue is I wanted to drill down both Bubble and Gantt series together based on the zoom type selection. But the 2nd series is failing at the above mentioned method.
@simon - what is your use case? What can 1 million events plotted at once provide to a user? How many values it can render will depend on the computer it is being rendered on, and the settings that you are using. The more that needs to be drawn, the more resources will be required of the client machine.
So what is the threshold value that this plugin can take to render? Is there any other alternative which I can use to render 1 million record in Gantt chart? Thanks
@Simon I very much doubt that. It renders SVG shapes for each record.
Is it possible to load and render 1 million record using this plugin? Can I host the json content somewhere so that I can show you a jsfiddle example?
@Simon: Without modifying the plugin, you can add a 1px stroke in CSS to make all points visible: http://jsfiddle.net/highcharts/qgacggkm/4/. To make this more flexible, we could add a borderWidth property to the plugin itself, as well as a borderColor for instance. It would make sense that it could inherit the color from the point or the series.
Highstock works out of the box: http://jsfiddle.net/highcharts/bjapne6j/
I used this plugin to draw my visualization, but how can I display small and large duration processes equally visible in Highstock? Some processes are of 1 second duration i.e., x2-x = 1000.