PabloSN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve Crickett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to draw the chart such that each row represent s a day of the week, and then multiple activities on a givien day will be coloured differently?

• kannankeril commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I should post a record of my progress in here in case it will benefit someone's else.
    http://jsfiddle.net/kannankeril/fdTEx/5347/

The above is an edited version of my chart. It meets all my goals except for a custom Legend. My categories are based on a property (phase) within my data. I use it to determine the color of each bar within the chart. I have been unable to generate a Legend that lists each phase & the associated color. If anyone figures this out, I would certainly appreciate the insight.
    Thank you Honsi for your help, I could not have managed to get this far without your help.

Torstein,

Thank you for the samples below. I have managed to produce a very resonable Gantt chart using your bar chart example below.
    As an alternative to lines connecting critical activities, I was hoping you could help me with some code to highlight one or more bars on the chart when the mouse pointer hovers a given bar.
    In other words, when the mouse hovers over an activity on your improvised Gantt chart, I would like to highlight preceding critical activities.

Torstein,

Would it be possible to have the chart go from top to bottom of the page instead of left to right.

I might have a better chance of getting it to fit in portrait mode instead of the usual Landscape layout.

• Kanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi,
    Plz provide the gantt chart option with colorful combinations and give more date formats examples

• chandru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    Pls, provide this chart option in gantt chart. Its really useful for many developers.
    Thanks for Support,
    A. chandran

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This may only be at 7, but, from lots of looking around, I don't see anyone else with a Gantt chart, looks like an opportunity for you.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're currently using Fusion Charts/Fusion Widgets. Fusion Charts uses highcharts.js as a fallback for e.g. iPad where there's no Flash installed. However, our Gantt chart doesn't have a js fallback. We'd really like Gantt charts implemented in Highcharts so that our site works fully with Flash or without.

• Stefan Göckeritz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like the idea. Can't one add process indicators using e.g. stacked bars? A vertical today-line would be essential too, I think.
    Keep it up.

• Achim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would definitely be a plus! I'd love to see gantt charts within this. My corporation is looking for a suitable solution and sofar the gantt chart seems to be the only major con on the list. Might turn out for you in some more dev-licences ;-) so hurry up!

• acash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Segments would be great as a first level release. This would be great for tasks within a greater block of time.

• Jérémy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope "simpler chart types" would not take too much time because I think Gantt Chart would be the piece I need to close my project.

• Gareth Rampton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Torstein. That example really helps and I think will see us through until you guys get around to adding Gantt functionality for real.

Feedback and Knowledge Base