I suggest you ...

multiple axis alignment control

There seems to be a lot of posts in the forum asking how to align the 0 values of multiple y axes.

My thoughts for implementing this:
Chart level option (like alignTicks): alignBaseline: boolean (default: true)
Axis level option: baseline:(numeric) (default: 0)

By default 0 is the baseline for each axis, and by default the 0 value for each axis is aligned.
The user can set the baseline to any other set of numbers that should be aligned, or turn off alignment.

291 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JamieJamie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your response!
        Altho it does not explain to me why the 'maximum' does not get rounded to the same absolute value, I'll keep it in mind. It seems this solution posted here works well enough - we can live without tickPixelnterval, and some testing did not uncover any other problems as of yet.
        good work, thanks.

gents, may I ask when will this solution be completely implemented and released?
        Also: it'd be a perfectly working solution if I could sync min/max per axis.
        I can calculate the axis min/max in code before generation, however, highcharts often disregards the given value to be able to line up the axes. Funnily enough the algorithm does a different 'disregarding' on the max & the min values. If it was at expanded/recalculated the same way, not to different values, it'd work.

• Luis MiguelLuis Miguel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, the change in the plugin (version 2013-12-02) works fine, but I detected another bug trying with different values.

For example, I used the following series:

series: [{
        type: 'line', data: [1129.9, 1171.5, 1106.4, 1129.2, 1144.0, 1176.0, 1135.6, 1148.5, 1216.4, 1194.1, 1195.6, 1154.4]

},{
        type: 'line', data: [29.9, -71.5, -106.4, -129.2, -144.0, -176.0, -135.6, -148.5, -216.4, -194.1, -95.6, -54.4]

}, {
        type: 'line', data: [129.9, 271.5, 306.4, -29.2, 544.0, 376.0, 435.6, 348.5, 216.4, 294.1, 35.6, 354.4],
        yAxis: 1

}]

Serie 1, new. All values positive and higher than 1000
        Serie 2, the same that original serie 1
        Serie 3, the same that original serie 2

Whenever serie 1 is of type line, when it shows/hides serie 2 from the legend, does not align the axes.

We have the same problem as Luis, does not work for line and columns series in one chart.
        Any fix for this ?

• LuisLuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we have tested lines series and columns series together and I'm afraid that dual axes are not alienated.
        Could you test it please?
        Regards,

• Bram Vd EijkenBram Vd Eijken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would absolutely love this idea. This would help a lot with my program where I have multiple y-axis each with different extremes.
        Right now I have to do a dirty workaround >.>

• Rick DeckardRick Deckard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be particularly useful for Input/output (e.g. network throughput) graphs, where input is on a normal yaxis, and output on a /reversed/ yaxis, but with the origin in the middle

Feedback and Knowledge Base